Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the ASHP Initiative
Still have a question we didn't answer? Email ccASHP@neep.org for more information.
- Exclusive access to full list downloads of NEEP’s Cold-Climate ASHP product list.
- Participation in NEEP’s ASHP/VRF Working Groups
- Participation in a number of topical sub-committees (including Installer and consumer best practices)
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of NEEP resources/tools
- Technical assistance
- Public visibility to your organization
- Click here for a full list and description of benefits.
State Partnership Subscription (same as 2019 State Partnership pricing)
|Population < 3 million||Population 3-10 Million||Population > 10 million|
Utility/Government Program Subscription (i.e. utilities/programs not part of a state partnership)
|Program budget <$10M||Program budget $10M-$100M||Program budget > $100M|
Industry Subscription (i.e. manufacturers, service providers, consultants, non-profit organizations, trade associations)
|Non-profit, Small Business (<20 employees)||Standard Industry|
Individual ASHP installer/Municipal Employee/Community-Based Organization Subscription/Grant Providers1
1 Federal agencies or foundations that provide grant support for NEEP's ASHP Initiative can apply for subscription at no cost.
listing products on new ashp product list
- Air Source heat pump (ASHP) manufacturers that have product(s) that adheres to the Cold-Climate Air-Source Heat Pump Specification V3.0 can apply to list products.
- Third-party manufacturer representatives or distributors are not able to list products unless they work through the manufacturer to do so.
- In March, Manufacturer contacts will be emailed with details on their current products on the list and any data requirements that may be needed to ensure the products meet V3.0 of the specification. Note there are new data fields that will need to be completed for products that certified to V2.0 in order to meet the V3.0 requirements.
- Once the manufacturer selects the products they want to list in the new system and have paid the annual listing fee for the associated number of products, those products will be included when the new system goes live in April.
- Please note! If listing payments have not been processed by the time the new system goes live, those products will not be listed. Once the payment is processed, the products will be added back to the list.
- The listing fees are based on the total number of products that fall under each brand of products (or groups of brands that fall under a parent company ownership). The costs ranges from $5,000 to $10,000.
- The products are determined by unique AHRI numbers, so the same piece of equipment sold under two brands with two associated AHRI number would be considered two products.
- If a manufacturer moves from one tier of pricing to another (i.e. from 10 to 11 products or from 50 to 51 products), they must pay the difference ($2,500) to list at the higher tier for the year. Manufactures have the option to remove products to stay at the same tier.
- Many efficiency program use this list to set program incentives for efficient products.
- Distributors and installers use this list to learn which ccASHP and smart controls products and trends will be in high demand with program incentives.
- Builders and specifiers use this list to review product options that best suit their client’s needs.
- Consumers use this list to review the best in building decarbonization technology.
- Paying a listing fee helps support the improved functionality of the list (i.e. Interface and database)—moving beyond a spreadsheet!
- Finally, by listing your products, you are helping to financially support a regional market transformation initiative aimed at driving growth in the ASHP market. You can help support this work even more by taking your $2000 discount and applying it towards becoming an initiative subscriber.